Covid Puppies

As we get ready to mate for our N-litter, we are increasingly aware of the challenges of shipping puppies throughout North America. We already have a lengthy waiting list with at least half of the applicants located in the U.S.
Anyone in the United States wishing a November puppy from us, is going to have to get creative about getting said puppy home. And it won’t hurt to start thinking outside the box now!

Today I read this CBC article suggesting the Canada-U.S. border could be closed for 12 months or longer depending on the continuing outbreak numbers of Covid-19 in our neighbour country. While we do have board/train agreements, for those who wish to receive their puppy, while they are still puppies, this would be less than ideal.

Just prior to the border closing in March, a gentleman from TN drove up to visit us, and kindly agreed to bring 3 other puppies across the border with his pup. This might be a “thing” going forward. Think truckers folks. If you have a contact who could bring a puppy or more across the border, it would be appreciated by many to make arrangements to share shipping resources.
It would also be appreciated by us!

As I mentioned, we have a lot of interest in this next litter, and I’m sure we could sell out exclusively in Canada. That said, we are always accepting applications via our Potential Puppy Owner Questionnaire. Just keep in mind, shipping might be a challenge. Be prepared to wait for a future “post-Covid” litter, or to look outside the box for ways to get your puppy.

Stay safe folks!